Thursday, April 14, 2011

Training update

I am so excited. My first donations have appeared this week! I am at 36% of my goal so I still need your support!

I went to the Podiatrist this week to be casted for orthotics.  He's recommend surgery, but he and I both know that isn't happening anytime soon. So, in the meantime, Doc thinks orthotics will help ease the arthritic pain in my right foot (thanks to a volleyball injury and an over-anxious team mate)  and relieve the tendinitis pain on top of my left foot. I'll get these in a few weeks. Unfortunately that will set me back on my training schedule as I have to learn how to walk in them.  Below is this weeks schedule. We're up to 8 miles!!

Monday Rest (accomplished)
Tuesday 3 miles Easy walking (didn't accomplish)
Wednesday 15 minutes Moderate cross-training (umm yeah kinda.. if climbing the stairs a gazillion times at home counts and I got in 1 mile of easy walking)
Thursday 5 miles Moderate walking
Friday 30 minutes Easy cross-training
Saturday 8 miles Easy walking  (I'll be walking at the IX Center this day for MDA's Muscle Walk event supporting my nephew Ryan.  Hopefully I get in 8 easy miles during the entire day.  I'll wear my pedometer)
Sunday 6 miles Easy walking

Thanks for hanging in there with me. 

See the post below for specifics on how to donate. I need your support, but know that your donations will also help to put an end to breast cancer!

No comments:

Post a Comment