Tuesday, April 14, 2009

In Jesus' Name, We Press On

When the valley is deep
When the mountain is steep
When the body is weary
When we stumble and fall

In Jesus' name, we press on
In Jesus' name, we press on
Dear Lord, with the prize
Clear before our eyes
We find the strength to press on.

When the choices are hard
When we're battered and scarred
When we've spent our resources
When we've given our all

In Jesus' name, we press on
In Jesus' name, we press on
Dear Lord, with the prize
Clear before our eyes
We find the strength to press on

I heard this song on the radio this morning as I drove into work. I immediately thought of J and what she is having to endure this morning. Hang on tight J, and press on.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and Linda every day and still praying for you. Good luck on Wednesday.

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy-

    Just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you. I want to share something I just read in my Bible study. The passage talks about Romans 8:26-28. It talks about how the Holy Spirit "helps" our weakness when we do not know how to pray. I thought it was an awesome illustration and reminder when I read it. I will probably write it in my Bible.

    "It is vital to know that the Holy Spirit is always our Helper and we are always weak and ignorant in prayer. The Greek word translated "helps" in verse 26 paints a very encouraging picture. It is the word sunantilambanomai, a long Greek word with incredible encouragement in prayer. It could literally be rendered- "together facing on another he takes hold of"- It was used of two men picking up a log and moving it, something one man alone could not do. Anyone alone would need help, but together, facing on another, two men could take hold of the log and move it. That is what the Holy Spirit does for us in prayer."- Rick Shepherd, Praying God's Way.

    So you have the Holy Spirit helping you pray and He also helps your church family pray as we intercede for you!

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete